Monday, April 15, 2013

New Jersey Life....

Well we have been in New Jersey since October so about 6 months or so. It seems longer for some reason (LOL). It’s weird how life is such a compromise, when we were living in TX we were counting our pennies and I was gasping for air as I was drowning in a sea debt. Last may my husband had to leave the country and do some contracting work in Kuwait just so we could make ends meat… but I was still having to decide what bills would I pay and which I would have to skip. I was applying for anyone that would hire but in a job market where over 300 people had applied for a minimum wage position at the new dunken dounuts; I was seriously having no luck. Having to deal with my children’s separation anxiety was just the icing on the cake to a very stressful summer. So.... Having no food, no money and trying to desperately to find any job that would hire me we had to make the cross country drive with our two little babies to New Jersey because my husband got a JOB!!! <3.
Almost a year later from husband having to move to kuwait... we are living in New Jersey . I have to say our struggles and tears and prayers were not in vain. Husband started his job soon after we arrived. As for me? I hit the grown running and found a job within a month of being here
I have to say that all in all we have been successful! we are stable and happy to say that we are debt free! There is this incredible weight that gets lifted when you know that people will not be calling you every hour asking for money. Money that I didn’t have and even if I had it, it would have gone to buy food not pay a 300 dollar credit card minimum. But it has been a steep price to pay for being more stable. I don’t really get to see the husband; He is always away on business. even when he is home he is always answering work calls... (which he hates that i mention it im sure) 
As much as I am nothing but grateful for all the blessings that we have received this year I have to be honest I am always stressed. I miss my husband and I miss our relationship so much. Its hard not having him to hear my funny stories, or tell me that I need to stop stressing about my boys adjusting. I miss cuddling on the couch watching the big bang theory. I just miss US. At time I feel so selfish, I know how hard he works to provide for us. I just miss him so much.
 More money More problems as Biggie said…
We went from our modest home in El Paso TX, to living in a hotel for a month in New Jersey, and now to our small two bedroom apartment (that is double what I was paying for my 4bd 2ba home in TX). Being told that we would have a place to stay when we got to New Jersey and then once arriving here being told that we no longer could stay there was a bitter pill to swallow but lucky my husband and I are resilient. We were able to scrounge up some money and didn’t end up homeless like we would have been. Living in a small apartment hasn’t given me the space to do my scrapbooking or other crafts which makes me very sad because it was my only outlet at home. We are hoping to rent a home some time before the summer hopefully *fingers Crossed* well hope that you all have a wonderful week… happy Monday to you all.


No comments: